Senior pictures are right around the corner and you’ll need to be sure all your ducks are in a row. Outfits, accessories, hair, makeup, location. It’s all important. But before you can go on choosing all of those pivotal pieces, you need a photographer. When you google search for senior picture photographer, there is a lot of options that come up on the screen. It can be daunting and stressful to look at all of the people who can take your senior pictures and to figure out which one you want to choose can be worse. Choosing your photographer is the most important decision you’ll make when it comes to your senior pictures and I want to help you pick the photographer that is right for you. I have three big ideas for you to think about in order for you to better navigate through your senior picture photographer decision. I hope this blog helps you and brings you some comfort. Read on to know my thoughts on picking a photographer and let me know below what you think!
DO YOU CONNECT WITH THEIR PERSONALITY?
When you are looking for a photographer to take your senior pictures you want to find someone you connect with. Someone that makes you feel seen, beautiful and confident is someone you want to take your senior pictures. You want a photographer that will deliver gorgeous pictures of course, but how they make you feel is most important. Don’t settle for a photographer that doesn’t make you feel your 100% best self. Don’t just go with a photographer because you “have to.” Find one you truly connect with and find a photographer you want to spend the day with to take your senior pictures.
TO GO FULL SERVICE OR TO NOT?
That is the question. There are so many pros to a full service photographer and to start, when you go with a full service photographer, everything you can think of will be taken care of for you. You don’t need to worry about anything the day of your senior pictures. You just need to show up and be ready to be your true self! With a full service photographer, your wardrobe, hair, makeup, location, prints, artwork and more are taken care of for you and the photographer holds your hand through every step. I think having a full service photographer allows you to really soak in the day and relax. Not worrying about the little details allows you to remember every second of the day. Senior pictures are a big deal and an experience you should remember forever.
THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM…
The biggest and maybe most important idea to think about when choosing your photographer for senior pictures is an awkward one. Nobody likes to talk about money or price but it is an important aspect to think about when choosing a photographer. Ultimately, there is a difference in the quality, professionalism and service of pictures that cost $100 and pictures that cost $1,00 and pictures that cost $10,000. Photographers in each price point will have different equipment, accessories, lighting and support staff like an assistant. Each of those pieces will change the way your pictures turn out. For example, if you are looking for pictures that are very unique, then going with a photographer that has access to different lighting, you will get what you want. If that photographer doesn’t have lighting options, you may not get the look you want. Another thing to think about is sometimes with a photographer on the $100 end, they may not have the proper licenses and liability insurance should something go wrong. I am always supportive of going with what you can afford. Don’t stretch beyond your means for pictures but just be sure you ask the photographer about their insurance and license. Even if you go for the higher end photographer you should ask about their insurance and what happens if something goes wrong. In the end, when it comes to price, be sure you think about what you value and don’t value. Think about what kind of pictures you want and if that photographer can give you the pictures you are dreaming of or not. Ultimately these are your senior pictures and you want to be sure you get the pictures you are wanting and will love forever. Please, don’t settle on a photographer and pictures you think are just ok.
What did you think? Are you feeling a little better about picking a photographer for your senior pictures? I hope this blog helped you narrow down the field and I hope you feel confident in your choice! I know I would love to be your photographer. If you are wanting a full service experience with unique, and elegant pictures to cherish forever, I am definitely your girl. Let’s chat and see if we’re a good fit. I’d love to be a part of your senior year and can’t wait to meet you. Click the button below to get in touch ☺️
If you are a senior that has strong passions in life and want to showcase those passions but you’re a little nervous then this one is for you! Senior pictures are beautiful and they are supposed to be. But they are also supposed to be pictures that highlight who you are and celebrate you. Your passions are part of you and in turn should be part of your senior pictures. I think these pictures can be beautiful and also so authentic. So whether you’re into music, baking, sports or all the above. Whatever is important to you, we should highlight and capture.
Showcasing your passions in your senior pictures is something you will want to have in your memories forever. When you graduate from high school and life happens really quick, sometimes you lose track of who you are at this moment. That’s why these pictures are so important. It’s good to remember who you are and what helped shape you. Keeping these things in mind, especially as you get older is so important. Sports, music, reading… these passions in your life help shape you and will help create the person you will be in the future.
So maybe you’re that student who did not have passions you can showcase. Or maybe you do have them but you really don’t want to wear your swim suit to your senior pictures. The best way to take pictures that high light your passions without hitting the running track is to bring along your letterman jacket. Getting pictures in that jacket is timeless and a great way show off all your achievements in one beautiful picture. I love when seniors pair their jacket with a casual pair of jeans and vintage sneakers. I’ve even seen girls wear their jackets over a tshirt dress with tennis shoes. No matter what you decide to wear with your letterman jacket, you’ll be happy you did!!
Ok… I hear you girls who are telling me “I’m a music fan… sports aren’t for me!” I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to be into sports to take these kinds of pictures. Do you find yourself lost in books? Bring your favorites along and let’s get creative with those beautiful items. Do you love music? Bring along your music sheets or headphones or favorite vinyls. We can find the perfect way to showcase those pieces while also staying true to your style and vibe. No sport are necessary for gorgeous photos that show off your personality and hobbies. Embrace any and every part of you that you want to remember and celebrate. I’ll be there to help!
Let’s get you on the schedule for your senior pictures soon! Spots are filling up and I want you to be sure you get your pictures taken ASAP. Class of 2025? It’s never too early to be in touch and be sure you’re on the calendar for next summer!
Summertime photo sessions are here and wrapping up but there is still one thing that is so present. The heat! Summertime pictures are always so perfect. The sun, blue sky and gorgeous scenery. But the heat can definitely put a damper on your senior picture photo session. So I wanted to write a blog to talk about the heat and how to make the day a little easier when it’s so hot outside.
1. Bring water: The first and easiest tip for you to stay comfortable in the heat would be to bring water. Lots of water. I love the insulated water bottles so you can bring ice water to your photo session and the water will stay cold. I’d be sure to bring at least two water bottles but extra doesn’t hurt. Sometimes people bring along a cooler. The cooler stays in the car then you have access to tons of water and other yummy cool drinks throughout the day. If the weather report is predicting a really hot day maybe this is the better way to go. Then as an added bonus, you can put some snacks in your cooler- snacks and water together on a hot summer day… what’s better?
2. Shade is key: When you’re out on a hot summer day taking pictures, the sunshine is what you want. Beautiful weather and amazing scenery. But here is the thing, you’ll always need to cool down. That sun will make you turn red and over heating is a thing. So shade is what you want. Whether your location has natural shade or not the best thing to bring is an umbrella. Always have one with you so when the sun gets too hot or you need a break to cool off, you can take a quick second under the umbrella and then come back to your pictures refreshed. The umbrella will also be a great place for makeup retouches or a quick snack. Anytime you can get out of the sun you will feel much better.
3. If there is water, get in!: Most outside locations will have water- especially if you choose a location that is a farm or mountain area. Here is the thing, this tip will not work for everyone. Not everyone will choose a location with water, but if you are going to have a location with water there, take advantage. Let’s take pictures of you in the water. Play, splash… Anything you can do to get in the water and cool off will not only give you gorgeous and timeless pictures but it will also give you a little break from the heat of the sun. I love these kinds of pictures because they are so unique but timeless all at the same time. If it’s not for you that’s ok… Just being by the water is not only pretty but will immediately help you cool off.
Hopefully these tips help you beat the heat during your summer senior picture photo shoot. Are you ready?? Spots are really filling up and school has already started! It’s not or never for senior pictures class of 2024. Let’s get you on the schedule!
I wanted to take the time today to tell you about some senior picture truths you may not know about. They’re not bad but they may help you have the best day and the best pictures at the end of the day. I want you to be so happy with your senior pictures so this is the time to read about senior picture truths and to take them to heart! Are you ready? Keep reading ☺️
1. The day is hard but worth it: The day of your senior pictures will be tiring. We are moving, grooving and making you look amazing! So be prepared. Be sure you are well rested the day before your senior pictures. Getting enough sleep is key to having a goo day the next day. I’d also be sure you have plenty of snacks and water with it you that day. Your pictures won’t be the way you want them to be if you are hungry and dehydrated. Be sure you are proactive. Here is a big thing about summer senior pictures. It’s hot! So be prepared for the heat. Umbrellas, water, fans…. all of these items will help you combat the heat and still get pictures you are so happy to have forever!
2. Editing is part of the process: After you take your senior pictures, it can be a while to wait. The day is amazing and we have such a fun time together and trust me the pictures we get are amazing! But, here is the thing… editing is always a part of pictures. When you get married, you will have pictures that are edited. If you get family pictures, they will be edited. Senior pictures will be edited. But trust me when I say the editor I have is amazing. She and I work closely together to be sure the pictures turn out natural, bright and beautifully. The small blemishes on your face will be erased. The flyaway hairs will also be taken out of the pictures. All that is left is the amazing and beautiful pictures you get back.
3. It’s ok to have some help along the way: Here is the biggest truth I love to tell people. The senior pictures you see on Instagram are absolutely gorgeous and they are that beautiful because there is a team of people helping along the way. Parents, siblings, friends, photographers, makeup and hair artists…. All these people are there to help you have the best senior picture experience. That’s where Sarah Lindsay Photography stands out from the rest. I am the photographer that helps you out with everything from outfits, design and even artwork design. I take you fro point A all the way through points B. I listen to you, help you achieve the look you want and is there to make you feel like a million bucks. I want to hear your story and be a part of your senior year!!
Let’s do it!! I want to be your photographer and now that school is in session, spots are filling quickly. Are you a senior next year? It’s never too early to reach out! Press the button and let’s chat 😊